Base is committed to the safety of its clients and their bikes so we have implemented the following safety measures:
- Passengers shall be seated towards the front of the van, if possible.
- The driver and all passengers will wear seat belts at all times. Vehicle does not move unless everyone is buckled in.
- Tire conditions and pressure will be checked before each trip.
- Weather will be considered in pre-trip planning. Trips should be suspended or cancelled for hazardous driving conditions like fog, heavy rain, snow, ice and high winds.
- The Base van is equipped with stability control (ESC) feature.
- All drivers must be Base employees, who are at least 21 years old, have at least 5 years driving experience, a clean driving record and a class 4 license.
- The Van will not be operated between 11pm and 6:00am.
- For every 150 pounds of gear placed in the van, one occupant must be removed to avoid overloading. Gear must be safely stored.
- Speeds will be kept at or below posted truck speed limits on highways and 90km/h or posted speed limit, whichever is less, on rural roads or highways.
- Absolutely no cell phone use when driving; music must be kept a low volume; minimal conversation with passengers; maximum 8 hours driving in 24 hr period
The Base van is equipped will all bike tools needed to keep on having fun even if we are victim of a malfunction or a breakage. Base carries an inventory of all major bike parts and fix bikes on the fly.
Fresh fruits, snacks and drink are always be available for the van riders.
OCTOBER 22th 2013
Ages: 12 to 18
JULY 21st 2014
Ages: 9 to 17
Ages: 18 and up